TRAINING DAYS: 5
(4 days of training + 1 day exam)
EXAM RETAKE POSSIBLE?
Yes. Free one more exam in 12 months
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Training, PECB exam and certification
Why Should You Attend?
Lead Computer Forensics Examiner training enables you to acquire the necessary expertise to perform Computer Forensics processes in order to obtain complete and reliable digital evidence. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of Computer Forensics fundamentals, based on the best practices used to perform forensics evidence recovery and analytical techniques. This training course is focused on core skills required to collect and analyze data from Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems, and also from mobile devices.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Computer Forensics processes, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Lead Computer Forensics Examiner” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Computer Forensics Examiner Certificate, you will be able to prove that you have the expertise to lead advanced forensic investigations and conduct forensics analysis, reporting, and evidence acquisition.
Who Should Attend?
This training course will help you:
Knowledge on Computer Forensics.
Day 1: Introduction to Incident Response and Computer Forensics concepts
Day 2: Prepare and lead a Computer Forensics investigation
Day 3: Analysis and management of digital artifacts
Day 4: Case Presentation & Trial Simulation
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified Lead Computer Forensics Examiner” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Computer Forensics
Domain 2: Best practices on Computer Forensics
Domain 3: Digital forensics laboratory requirements
Domain 4: Operating system and file system structures
Domain 5: Mobile devices
Domain 6: Computer crime investigation and forensics examination
Domain 7: Maintaining chain of evidence
1. Certification fees are included on the exam price
2. Training material containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed
3. An attestation of course completion worth 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
4. In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential.
The requirements for PECB Computer Forensics Examiner Certifications are:
To be considered valid, these computer forensics activities should follow best implementation practices and include the following:
1. Conducting forensic investigation
2. Post incident response activities Network management
3. Computer forensics examination and analysis planning
4. Analysis of file systems and digital media
5. Forensics analysis of operating systems and networks
6. Forensics analysis of computer and mobile devices
7. Gathering digital evidence