TRAINING DAYS: 5
(4 days of training + 1 day exam)
EXAM RETAKE POSSIBLE?
Yes. Free one more exam in 12 months
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
Training, PECB exam and certification
Why Should You Attend?
ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager training enables you to acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in the risk management process related to all assets of relevance for Information Security using the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a reference framework. During this training course, you will gain a comprehensive knowledge of a process model for designing and developing an Information Security Risk Management program. The training will also contain a thorough understanding of best practices of risk assessment methods such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and harmonized TRA. This training course supports the implementation process of the ISMS framework presented in the ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
After mastering all the necessary concepts of Information Security Risk Management based on ISO/IEC 27005, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Lead Risk Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead a team in managing Information Security Risks.
Who Should Attend?
This training course will help you:
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27005 and comprehensive knowledge of Risk Assessment and Information Security.
Day 1: Introduction to ISO/IEC 27005, concepts and implementation of a risk management program
Day 2: Risk identification, evaluation, and treatment as specified in ISO/IEC 27005
Day 3: Information Security risk acceptance, communication, consultation, monitoring and review
Day 4: Risk assessment methodologies
Day 5: Certification Exam
The “PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27005 Lead Risk Manager” exam fully meets the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Programme (ECP). The exam covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Risk Management
Domain 2: Implementation of an Information Security Risk Management program
Domain 3: Information security risk assessment
Domain 4: Information security risk treatment
Domain 5: Information security risk communication, monitoring and improvement
Domain 6: Information security risk assessment methodologies
1. Certification fees are included on the exam price.
2. Training material containing over 350 pages of information and practical examples will be distributed.
3. An attestation of course completion worth 21 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
4. In case of exam failure, you can retake the exam within 12 months for free
After successfully completing the exam, you can apply for the credentials shown on the table below. You will receive a certificate once you comply with all the requirements related to the selected credential. The requirements for PECB ISO/IEC 27005 Risk Manager certifications are as follows:
To be considered valid, the information security activities should follow best implementation and management practices and include the following:
1. Defining a risk management approach
2. Determining the basic criteria, objectives, scope and boundaries
3. Identifying assets, threats, existing controls, vulnerabilities and consequences (impacts)
4. Assessing consequences and incident likelihood
5. Performing risk assessment
6. Designing and implementing an overall risk management process for an organization
7. Defining risk evaluation criteria
8. Evaluating risk treatment options
9. Determining the risk acceptance criteria
10. Selecting and implementing Information Security controls
11. Determining the risk communication plans and objectives
12. Performing risk management monitoring and reviews